18,000 runners representing 50 states and nearly 70 countries prepare for the Miami Run
MIAMI, January 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The legendary Life Time Miami Marathon and Half returns to downtown streets Miami, Miami Beach and Coconut grove begins 6:00 a.m. ET on SundayJanuary 29. With 18,000 runners representing all 50 states and nearly 70 countries, the barnyard race will experience majestic beauty. South Florida step by step.
Strong international demand for a place at the world-renowned competition led to the earliest sell-out in the event’s 21-year history – a result confirmed by USTAF, Boston-exhibits an experienced, fast and flat course of Miami unparalleled cityscape and waterways.
“The event offers something for everyone who runs or walks and they want to experience it every year,” he said. Frankie Ruiz, co-founder of the Life Time Miami Marathon and chief running officer of Life Time. “This race has always been unique in terms of energy and atmosphere South Florida can provide. The Life Time Miami Marathon and all the activities that go along with it truly provide an amazing weekend full of fun experiences for the whole family.”
New items in 2023 include:
- Life Time Diaper Derby for 25 babies aged 6-12 months will be held at 14:00. Friday, January 27at the Miami Famous Expo Miami Beach Congress Center. Babies will race across a 10-foot mat for a chance to win prizes in four different categories: Speed Demon for the fastest baby on the course; A pioneer for a baby making his way to the finish line; Party Pooper for the biggest crybaby on the course; and prizes for the top three finishers.
- An awards category that supports non-binary runners and gender inclusion. Fourteen non-binary runners signed up to participate.
- local artist, of Luis Vallenmurals adorning the walls of various local shopping centers, including Sunset Place South MiamiMidtown Shops, Aventura Mall in North Miami Beach and City Place Doral. Valle’s works are also displayed everywhere Miami in restaurants, bars, schools and businesses. In addition, runners will be adorned with Valle’s artwork on both the Marathon and Half Marathon finisher medals.
- Partnering with the Woody Foundation, an organization founded to change the lives of people living with paralysis, awarding cash prizes and travel scholarships to expats South Florida and improve the racing experience for pushrim and handcycle athletes.
- Special Brightline train West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale reduce emissions from cars going into the city centre Miami – adding the event to the list of green initiatives. Horse 3:43 a.m on race morning, a Brightline train will depart from the West Palm Beach station to take runners to the Marathon start line near FTZ Arena downtown. Miami. (The train will also stop at the Fort Lauderdale station.) The race includes healthy snacks to refuel. 32 dollars Fare from West Palm Beach and 27 dollars Fare from Fort Lauderdale. Other environmental measures include diverting water from fire hydrants to move away from water bottles, installing storm drain filters to prevent waste from contaminating waterways, and using increased digital signage to prevent paper waste.
The Life Time Miami Marathon And Half is run with the great support of the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority.
In addition to:
Learn more about the Life Time Miami Marathon at www.themiamimarathon.com and on social media at Facebook.com/RunMiami, Instagram.com/TheMiamiMarathon and Twitter.com/RunMiami.
The Miami Marathon and Half is owned and produced by Life Time, a leading healthy lifestyle brand. It is one of more than 30 Company-owned premier sports events, including the Chicago Spring Half Marathon, Garmin UNBOUND Gravel and the Leadville Race Series. For more information about Life Time (NYSE: LTH), visit www.lifetime.life. More information about Life Time athletic events is available at lifetime.life/athletic-events.
Life Time®, Inc.
Life Time (NYSE: LTH) empowers people to live healthy, happy lives through its portfolio of more than 160 athletic country clubs in the United States and Canada. The company’s healthy lifestyle communities and ecosystem cover all aspects of healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment for people from 90 days to 90+ years. Backed by a team of over 30,000 dedicated professionals, Life Time is committed to delivering the best programs and experiences through clubs, iconic sporting events and a comprehensive digital platform.
To download multimedia, see original content: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sold-out-life-time-miami-marathon-and-half-set-for-january-29-301723393.html
SOURCE Life Time, Inc.