Since its first opening in 1992, nearly 160 athletic country clubs and over a billion visits, countless email storiesextraordinary transformation, life-changing events and a strong community serve to warm the heart
CHANHASSEN, Minn., July 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Life Time (NYSE: LTH), the country’s leading healthy lifestyle brand, opened its first club in Baku in 2018. Brooklyn Park, Minn. Strip Mall 30 years ago today. Much has happened in three decades, including the extraordinary growth of the company, which now offers approximately 160 athletic country clubs covering 16 million square feet in 41 major markets across the United States and Canadaand development of a complete omnichannel Healthy Lifestyle ecosystem. During that time, Life Time has served millions of people and over a billion visits, been part of incredible stories of personal achievement and life-changing events, and cultivated an amazing community of like-minded people seeking health and happiness.
Get the Interactive Multi-Channel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/9069951-life-time-30-years-inspiring-health-happiness/
Life Time Builder Bahram Akradi remains one of only a handful of active founding Chairmen and CEOs across the country. He says, “I started Life Time 30 years ago to create happy and healthy communities that the whole family can enjoy together, and with the support of our amazing team members, help them meet all their health and wellness needs conveniently under one roof. Over the years, we’ve had the incredible privilege of serving millions of Life Time members as they realize their dreams of a healthier, happier life. spoke and lived from the beginning.”
- Julia Porras and daughter Elena – A woman’s quest for power also leads to her daughter’s personal power. “Elena chose me to be her mother because I’m strong enough to be her mother,” says Julie. “I am capable enough and appreciate the gift he gave and his purpose on Earth. He has been my greatest blessing. He has taught me so much.” Video
- Jeff Morton – When Jeff Morton needed a life-saving kidney transplant, his brother Scott volunteered to be his donor. But Scott’s health problems made it unacceptable. Already a Life Time member, Scott is committed to improving his own health—and soon discovers that by saving his brother, he’s saving himself. Video
- Ryan Jurgenson – Perhaps the most difficult thing in the world is to overcome your fears. “Resilient Ry” decided to measure the health journey without a scale. “It taught me a very valuable lesson to never give up.” More
- “Love in the Club” – After years of working together, Quacy Millett he was surprised Jamie Deutsch With a proposal amid rose petals and candlelight at Life Time Syosset, NY. More
- “Love in the club” Part II – Stacey and Jeremy Brown We met at the grand opening of Life Time Vernon Hills in 2008. This led to marriage in 2014. “We’ve traveled everywhere with Life Time – Kansas, New York, New Jerseyand Illinois,” says Stacey. “Our daughter is LIFE-TIME ENGRAVED and a child for life.” More
- Ali Asks – Ali lost the love of his life when his wife Minoo died of leukemia after 40+ years of marriage. In the Time of Life community, she turned to her friends to help her fight and cope with her grief, playing acid several times a week. “I can’t separate memories from my life,” says Ali. “But I’m still happy.”
Fans for life
Thousands of people have remained loyal Life Time members since the early years of the Company – many declaring that Life Time “feels like a second home”. Others attest to how much their time at Life Time has affected other aspects of their lives: “I’m more confident, more productive, more patient with others, and happier after a few hours of self-care at Life. Time,” said one longtime member. Here’s what three others had to say about their nearly three decades of membership:
- Jeanne Kiel – Joined Life Time July 1993. “The club is a big social network and that’s very important to me. I have a lot of friends at Life Time. I see a lot of friends that I can name and say no to on any given day. The front office knows me well, too.” Now 76, Jeanne attends six different classes at Life Time Maple Grove, Minn. Monday to Saturday. “Exercises help keep my bones strong and are also good for the mind. The instructors are great and dedicated and kind to anyone with disabilities. The staff is friendly and helpful.”
- Jean Dudley – Joined Life Time October 1992. “When I first joined Life Time, I worked with a personal trainer to learn how to use all the equipment and the types of exercises needed to help me stay as active as possible.” These days, at age 75, Jan says she still enjoys working out at Life Time in New Hope, Minn. several times each week. “I’m now comfortable working out on my own and I’ve learned what I need to do to keep my body moving. It’s fun – and I look forward to it every day.”
- Marty Drasler – Joined Life Time July 1993 at the age of 28. His fitness routine Fridley, Minn. the club includes 20-30 minutes of cardio three or four times a week; strength training three times a week; tennis twice a week; and yoga 2-3 times a week. “I’ve always felt welcome at Life Time. The facilities are clean, well maintained and a place I can go to maintain my healthy lifestyle. Going to the club is also very social for me. I’ve met some great people. I’ve become some close friends with people over the years. My entire family, including my husband (a member of over 20 years) and my two grown daughters are all members of Life Time!”
Now in 29 states, one Canadian province and 41 major markets, Life Time continues to expand with new locations and programming to serve members from 90 days to 90+ years. Much more than a typical gym or fitness center, Life Time athletic country clubs are more than average 100k square feet – with programming for every area of interest. New clubs will open soon NYC, Atlanta, Palm Beach Gardens, Scottsdale and elsewhere. Most Life Time locations offer these programs and opportunities:
For a list of Life Time clubs or to plan a tour, Click here.
Happy and Healthy Communities: A New Way Forward
About life time®
Life Time (NYSE: LTH) empowers people to live healthy, happy lives through its portfolio of nearly 160 athletic country clubs. United States and Canada. The company’s healthy lifestyle communities and ecosystem cover all aspects of healthy living, healthy aging and healthy fun for people from 90 days to 90+ years. Backed by a team of over 30,000 dedicated professionals, Life Time is committed to delivering the best programs and experiences through clubs, popular sporting events and a comprehensive digital platform.
SOURCE Life Time, Inc.