Accredited experts on mental well-being, nutrition, fitness and more
MINNEAPOLIS, January 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Life Time (NYSE: LTH) is the nation’s premier healthy lifestyle brand with more than 160 athletic country clubs nationwide. North AmericaIt follows the emerging trends in the field of comprehensive health as it begins in 2023.
Every year brings changes in trends, industries, technology and discoveries that affect our daily lives. To stay ahead of the game, Life Time has teamed up with a variety of experts (Personal Trainers, Registered Dietitians, Coaches) to share their predictions for health, fitness, nutrition and mental health in 2023:
Fitness trends from Life Time group fitness, personal and small group exercise teams:
- More interest in building muscle: In Life Time’s annual fitness survey, building muscle was named the top fitness solution for 2023. More and more people are realizing that strength training helps them both build muscle and lose weight.
- Cardio classes are back: At the same time, people are looking to fitness classes to benefit their cardiovascular health. Life Time is adding Ultra Fit, GTX and cardio dance classes to its clubs nationwide in 2023. These formats also include strength training elements for a two-in-one workout.
- Eligibility for mental health: People are more stressed than ever and have realized that exercise can help. People are looking for other reasons to stay active and healthy besides the physical benefits.
- Focus on flexibility and mobility over high intensity: Improving your mobility helps improve functional movement, prevent injuries and reduce pain.
“Strength training, cardiovascular, mental well-being and mobility all play an important role in our long-term health and longevity, and people are taking that into account,” he said. Anika Christ, fitness and nutrition and RD, CEO of CPT for Life Time. “At Lifetime, we have all the tools to help people no matter where they are on their journey.”
Food and nutrition trends from Life Time’s Registered Dietitians and the LifeCafe team:
- Any anti-inflammatory: People will continue to look for natural ways to support their immune systems and overall health, including plant-based methods to reduce inflammation. Focusing on plants, cutting back on sugar and opting for fats are some of the best ways.
- Time-limited eating: A gentler term for intermittent fasting, giving your body time without food every 24-hour period has metabolic health and fitness benefits.
- Everything without alcohol: Sober interest and moderation will grow in 2023, with the rise of non-alcoholic versions of classic cocktails, non-alcoholic beers and more.
Daily health trends from Life Time leaders, coaches and experts:
- Personalized, measurable health indicators: Consumers are more hungry than ever to track and measure how their lifestyles are enhancing or damaging their health. With food and patient care costs rising, it is increasingly important for people to take responsibility for their health trajectory.
- Continuous transitions from body positivity to body neutrality: The body neutral movement, which advocates learning to accept the body as it is, without loving or hating it, is gaining traction among people of all ages. With an ever-changing body, it’s easy to focus on acceptance and neutrality, so it will continue to do so.
- More companies accepting mental health and wellness programs: When people are mentally stressed, it can affect an employer’s job performance, job retention, relationships, and health care costs. Providing mental wellbeing programs can increase job satisfaction and motivation, but more importantly, it praises employees from a genuine human perspective and helps them feel cared for and supported.
About life time®Inc.
Life Time (NYSE: LTH) empowers people to live healthy, happy lives through its portfolio of more than 160 athletic country clubs in the United States and Canada. The company’s healthy lifestyle communities and ecosystem cover all aspects of healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment for people from 90 days to 90+ years. Backed by a team of over 30,000 dedicated professionals, Life Time is committed to delivering the best programs and experiences through clubs, iconic sporting events and a comprehensive digital platform. For more information, visit www.lifetime.life.
SOURCE Life Time, Inc.