Bridgerton star Rege-Jean Page is seen for first first time after Disney MISTAKENLY named him as Marvel’s newest star
Rege-Jean Page cut a smart figure on Monday for an appearance on Good Morning America.
The outing comes after Disney bosses were left shamefaced as they mistakenly announced him as Marvel’s newest star during San Diego Comic-Con 2022 on Saturday.
The 34-year-old was at the event to promote his new movie Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves.
TV ready: Rege-Jean Page cut a smart figure on Monday for an appearance on Good Morning America as was seen for the first time after Disney mistakenly named him Marvel’s newest star
Disney sent out a press release announcing the cast for the upcoming Disney+ series Secret Invasion, which included the actor.
However, despite the initial press release, TVLine later reported: ‘A Disney spokesperson phoned TVLine late Saturday evening to state that Page, who currently can be seen in Netflix’s The Gray Man movie, is not part of Secret Invasion, and was accidentally included with the official cast list.’
Despite the embarrassing gaffe, the talented star appeared in high spirits following his appearance on ABC’s flagship show.
Looking smart in a knitted cardigan and khaki trousers, Regé-Jean flashed a wave to delighted fans as he parted the TV studios while clutching an iced coffee.
Upbeat: Despite the embarrassing gaffe, the talented star appeared in high spirits following an appearance on GMA
Hey there: Looking smart in a knitted cardigan and khaki trousers, Regé-Jean flashed a wave to delighted fans as he departed the TV studios while clutching an iced coffee
Out and about: The actor looked smooth after his TV appearance
Despite this, Regé-Jean is reportedly in talks to appear in series three of Bridgerton, after he bowed out of season two.
The Netflix star played the Duke of Hastings in the show’s breakthrough first season, and was a runaway hit with both fans and critics.
But the star did not star in the second series, despite his onscreen wife Daphne Bridgerton – played by Phoebe Dynevor – appearing throughout.
Back again? Regé-Jean is reportedly in talks to appear in series three of Bridgerton, after he bowed out of season two
However, now The Sun has reported that Regé-Jean may be returning to the show that made his name.
Speaking to the publication, a source said: ‘Regé-Jean was always very open about his intention to quit the show after the first season and to move on to other projects.
‘But recently there has been a dialogue between him and the show’s bosses.
‘Nothing has been formally agreed yet, but watch this space.’
Fan favourite: The actor played the Duke of Hastings in the show’s breakthrough first season, and was a runaway hit with both fans and critics
It comes after Regé-Jean was named as the favorite to replace fellow actor Daniel Craig as James Bond after he left the 007 role in 2021 Bond film No Time To Die.
Screen star Regé-Jean was backed with odds of 2/1 by William Hill with the leading bookmaker seeing good support for him in recent days.
He finished 2021 with a 4/1 chance but now heads the market from Tom Hardy at 5/2.
Regé-Jean previously admitted that he’s ‘flattered’ to be included among a host of British stars tipped for the iconic role.
He told The Mirror: ‘Ah, the B word. I think that if you are British and you do anything of note, that other people take notice of, then people will start talking about that.’
The star added: ‘I think that’s fairly normal and I’m flattered to be in the category of Brits that people have noticed. Nothing more – or less – than that.’
However despite being the bookies favourite, Regé-Jean said he was bemused by the idea of making any plans at ‘this moment in history’ and has ‘given up’ doing so.
The star also admitted that he can be a bit of a ‘racehorse’, often signing onto a project and focusing completely on it with the ‘blinders on’.
Exit: But the star did not star in the second series, despite his onscreen wife Daphne Bridgerton – played by Phoebe Dynevor – appearing throughout